<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Channel the entity "Jeff Parker" from beyond the Ether

Thursday, February 19, 2004

Lecturing in the Garden of Good and Evil 

I'm heading to Savannah, Georgia this weekend to be part of the yearly Artists' Forum at SCAD, the College of Art and Design. I'll be talking to students for a couple of days about my work and what awaits them in the professional world, and then I think I sit on a panel with the other guests so we can all argue about comics. The guest list is impressive, and I'll be mentioning them when I get back. Maybe sooner if I get behind a terminal and can remember my password to Mystifying Oracle. I haven't made an entry from the road yet, hmmmm.

It's been a while since I've spoken before a class, though I used to do it all the time. I taught Freshman English back in grad school, and there I was trying to make people learn how to write. Now I have a lot less time in which to help students figure out how to stay afloat by drawing pictures-- oh, I miss college.

I'm looking forward to seeing Savannah again, it's a beautiful town that makes you feel like you're really in the South (and brother, you are!). It has that pulp mill smell unfortunately, which everyone swears you get used to. Like New Orleans, homogenization hasn't made Savannah another of the endless copy cities across the country. And it's a long plane flight, so I better knock off and get ready. More about this soon...

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Site Meter