<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Channel the entity "Jeff Parker" from beyond the Ether

Friday, July 16, 2004

Need Science, Liked Buckbeak 

My bloglist is pretty paltry over there compared to other sites, but I'm gradually adding-- and subtracting. I keep checking in on Science News and Notes, but it hasn't been updated in months, so I'm dropping it. If anyone can suggest other good science blogs, I'm all ears. I'll balance it out tonight by adding Hulk's Blog now that he's back. Parker like. Thunderbolt Ross' daughter hot.

In other non-news, just writing because I use this site to warm up for other writing like a lot of people do, I went to see Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban earlier. I was really enjoying Alfonso Cuaron's direction-- so unlike Chris Columbus' calculated spoonfeeding. The look of Harry's world is more authentic, and it feels more like England. I think more shooting in real places helped. And it's a less audience-friendly world, giving the magical life just the bit more menace that it needed. The kids are all progressing as actors, but they still have some timing problems that need to be worked through. I was completely into it until halfway through when Allie started talking at the screen. We wanted to go to an earlier matinee when no one would be in the room, but didn't make it, and there were plenty of people in this little theatre who likely didn't want to hear a baby babble, even though she wasn't crying. Since Jill had let me stay in to watch Hellboy a while back, it was my turn to miss out on the rest of the movie, and Miss Chatty and I went to play in the lobby and practice walking. I wish I'd gotten to see Gary Oldman as Sirius. Fortunately Portland is the home of second-run theatres, so I'll get another shot.

Now where the hell is my preview button, Blogger? I need that thing.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Site Meter