<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Channel the entity "Jeff Parker" from beyond the Ether

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

That Mitchell Kid 

I'm looking forward to Wondercon this weekend because those Bay Area folk always ask for interesting art. I was reminded of this the other day when Bill May sent me a scan of a piece I did in his book in 2000. The theme was a nice one, asking people to draw their favorite characters from childhood. I read truckloads of Dennis the Menace comics as a kid and though Hank Ketcham was a genius of lyrical gesture, I responded to the stories drawn by Al Wiseman and another similar artist whose name I never knew. I know the Hernandez Brothers were really into those guys, and if you peruse the quarter bins at the next show and find some Fawcett Dennises, you will be too. I gave him the inverted color scheme he sometimes had, which always intrigued me as a kid, like those Star Trek episodes where Kirk wore a green shirt.

Okay, back to trying to finish jobs before leaving. Stay out of Mr. Wilson's garden.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Site Meter