<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Channel the entity "Jeff Parker" from beyond the Ether

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Toth Book in the News 

Benjamin Ong Pang Kean asked me some questions about the Alex Toth Doodle Book this weekend after Alex died, so there's some more thoughts on the man and his work over at NEWSARAMA. There's also some thoughts from John Hitchcock and a few more pages from the book. I believe Rich Johnston will have a bit from me too at Lying in the Gutters, I'll update to add that link if so. It's a little strange being in a position to speak about Alex when I didn't know him better than anyone else, usually less so. But I guess that's part of being a publisher of someone's work. I try to deflect attention to John as much as possible, but as he was a good friend to Alex, he's understandably less talkative to journalists at the moment. If a tribute panel on Toth comes together for Comicon International, hopefully he'll be a big part of it as he some great anecdotes to tell.

UPDATE: Here's the latest Lying in the Gutters column, and if you scroll way down you can see more pages from the book.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Site Meter