<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Channel the entity "Jeff Parker" from beyond the Ether

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Mental Organism Designed Only to SELL OUT! 

I don't know if it will actually make one of those little comics press releases, but I've just heard that Marvel Adventures Avengers #9, known to you as the ALL MODOC issue is completely sold out. Now I usually make fun of those announcements because generally publishers have print runs based on the orders, so they should all sell out. But for the news to come back in so fast I think, means retailers have been trying to lay hands on more. Which for the Marvel Adventures line is big news! While the books do well out in the world of Target and Walmart (and Fred Meyer here in Portland) it's been a gradual acceptance in the Direct Market. It took about a year to convince readers we weren't the Marvel Age line and that we weren't doing simplified retellings of stories in a manga-esque style. Some of you early adopters embraced the books right away and have been a great help in getting the word out on the line. I'm pretty excited about our Avengers book for 2007- thanks to Juan Santacruz I think #12, the Ego The Living Playah (or whatever I called it) story may rival this Modoc story for attention, and after that the four issue arc teams me with the man who made Agents of Atlas work, Leonard Kirk! So let's badger some retailers and go back to press...

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Site Meter