<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Channel the entity "Jeff Parker" from beyond the Ether

Thursday, February 15, 2007

So Long, Fare-well, Auf Wedersehen-Good-byyee... 

That Von Trapp Family number is dedicated to the beloved Mystifying Oracle, which we now must leave to drift around at the mercy of the internet tide, until it's buried in the sediment forever. As promised, I'm finally folding the blog into my main website, PARKERSPACE.com so the site will actually be updated frequently again. Though I knew a blog was a keen thing to have three years ago, (just two years behind everyone else!) I didn't realize it would emerge victorious as the web paradigm. But it has, and thanks to Steven Gettis's steely resolve at beating a WordPress theme silly, I now have a hybrid home site and weblog. You'll remember him from his massive collection of literary figures drawn by comics luminaries. Which is the most revealing site online about cartoonists, because you can tell who reads and who doesn't.

I know what a pain it is to make changes to the blogroll, but I hope you'll do it for me- I've had Parkerspace for seven years now, so it's really unlikely the blog will make another rail hop. And those of you who have been nice enough to link both sites can trim it to one. I'm finally actually using the visual metaphor appropriate for the name, with old science book art that portrayed the future as it was supposed to turn out. Soon I'll have the covers column at left clickable for the respective publisher pages, and some of the other categories will be live within a week or so. That's how Mystifying Oracle (named for my lap-drawing Ouija board, see very first post) will live on, as the Newsletter you can join the mailing list for. Maybe I'll get up the gumption to write the "About" section tomorrow, and try to use it to trick people into filling in my Wikipedia entry for me.

Those of you who have switched locations- should I do referrer posts for a while?

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Site Meter